12 WAYS OF GOD REALIZATION
Longing: If you experience that same longing and thirst for union
with Me as one who has been lying for days in the hot sun of the Sahara
experiences the longing for water, then you will realize Me.
2. Peace of mind: If you have the peace of a frozen lake,
then too you will realize Me.
3. Humility: If you have humility of earth, which can be molded
into any shape then you will know Me.
4. Desperation: If you
experience the desperation that causes a person to commit suicide and you feel
you cannot live without seeing Me, then you will see Me.
5. Faith: If you have the complete faith that Kalyan had in his
Master -in believing it was night although it was day because his Master
said so -then you will know Me.
6. Fidelity: If you have the fidelity that your breath has in keeping
you company till the end of your life -even without your constantly feeling
it, both in happiness and suffering, never turning against you—then
you will know Me.
7. Control through love: When your love for Me drives away your
lust for the things of the senses, then you will realize Me.
8. Selfless service: If you have the quality of the selfless service
unaffected by results similar to that of the sun, which serves the world
by shining on all creation -on the grass in the field, on the birds in
the air, on the beasts in the forest, on all of mankind with its sinners
and saints, its rich and poor -unmindful of the attitude towards it, then
you will Me.
9. Renunciation: If you
renounce for Me everything physical, mental and spiritual, then you will have
10. Obedience: If your obedience is as spontaneous, complete, and
natural as light is to the eye or smell to nose, then you will come to Me.
11. Surrender: If your surrender to Me is as wholehearted as that of one
who, suffering from insomnia, surrenders to sudden sleep without fear of being
lost, then you will have Me.
12. Love: If you have that love for Me that Saint Francis had for
Jesus, then you will realize Me and you will also please Me.